Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
This wasn't a 'plucky bottom of the league beats top few' story. Our side is now one of the best in the league, of that there is little to no doubt. Was nothing to do with how good or bad Mansfield played, but ALL about our side. We are staying up, and will undoubtedly challenge top of the league next year. See you back down here, cos on that showing Stags are staying exactly where they are
I'm surprised this hasn’t been said earlier. I agree 100%. Neal Ardley simply outwitted Flitcroft with a brilliant game plan which didn’t allow Mansfield to play their usual game. There's no doubting NA and his management team are master tacticians and their recruitment strategy this January has been an outstanding success.
I wonder if Mansfield have peaked now and like Notts this time last season are going to slip out the automatic promotion slots and have to play MK Dons in the playoffs. With a couple of diabolical decisions they could miss out on promotion and we could be stuffing them again next season too on our way to the title.