Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
Just for the record champs,I dont have lofty expectations for us and last night's result wasn't my over ambitious expectations dashed.
I feel we have a middle of the road team and where we are and the chance we still have is nothing far short than brilliant.
I would love to be there home and away each week but work,mixed with a long journey do not work on a regular basis.
I feel sorry for some of our more LOCAL fans who have to get the big book of excuses out for not attending,as they are the ones holding this club back.
Lee based in stow on the wold still makes probably 3 or 4 home games a season but for the ones a stones throw away,what is their excuse?usually venkys
"I wont return until they are gone"
Change the record as without them we go POP.
Its not so much an excuse. Bury used to get 2,500 fans and that is a bigger town than Blackburn.
Blackburn is one of the poorest towns in the UK. With a very big (percentage wise) population of Asian's who do not attend football matches. The people who can go, mostly wont have the money to spend on football, and Blackburn historically averaged around 8-10k.
The stadium is way too big.
Look at Burnley, now an established Prem side. When they play Bournemouth they get about 14k.
I donbt think there is one person left in Blackburn who uses the excuse, 'I don't go because of Venkys' as its completely outdated.
Its just a very poor town, and folk don't have much money.
But expectations match Leeds United who get 35k every home game. And Leeds is one of the biggest northern cities. We are competing with city sized clubs, who spend millions more than us. We are above most of them.

And the knee jerk reaction is to be disappointed and critical. By rights, had we finished 4th bottom this season it would be an achievement.