The thing is, though, Champs, if Gallagher plays at No.9, Armstrong doesn't, and he doesn't do half as much work as SG when he's out wider. Apparently, Nyambe's and Gallagher's work-rate statistics are well ahead of the others.
I wouldn't mind Armstrong being given a chance to do Dack's job, instead. However, this is clearly something that has been tried and rejected.
Armstrong doesn't seem to have many "ok" games. I know I'm exaggerating a bit, but he's either very good or anonymous!
I have never accepted in our situation that this "play people in their correct positions" argument is as straightforward as supporters make out.
Look at our forwards when Dack is missing: Gallagher, Graham, Brereton, Armstrong, Samuel - they all want the No.9 shirt. (Thank heavens Butterworth isn't fit, or there would be six of them!) There is no easy or satisfactory way around this. I see arguments about fielding a proper winger (Chapman, presumably), and I'm not set against that by any means, but what would the formation be? Would we have to use twin No.9s?
Mowbray has "solved" the problem by playing as many forwards as possible. At one point on Saturday, I though we were going to have six on!
To some extent, it's a false issue, in any case. When you look closely, on the occasions when Gallagher is out wide, he moves into the centre, anyway, when the attack is down the other flank, thus becoming an extra "centre-forward". I think TM simply expects them to be flexible.
On the other points:
1) That was definitely the best Brereton has looked.
2) That was definitely the worst Tosin has looked since his first couple of games.
3) Bell is doing all right, but it still looks to me as if his primary aim is to avoid making mistakes. I wish he would score a screamer. It might be all he needs to put more confidence into his game.

Thinking about having both Gallagher and Brereton on does my head in a bit, in terms of formation.
When available, the nailed-on players are;
Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Tosin, Bell, Travis, Armstrong. (I'm not counting Dack and Evans).
That's seven.
Gallagher, Johnson and Rothwell are probably next in line. Ten.
So if we want Brereton in, that's it!
Line-up?
Walton
Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell
Rothwell Travis Johnson Armstrong
Gallagher Brereton.

Would that be it? It just doesn't seem very likely to me, although it would be very interesting to see how it worked.