..... requesting government handouts. I don't have a problem with it as it helps (not 100%, agreed) improve the chance they will still be around and still employing as many people once this Corona crisis has subsided.

However, there should be terms and conditions on such help. I'd like to see......

1. No dividend payout to shareholders until the entire sum has been paid back plus a 20% (level is up to discussion) levy to help fund the pay increases of those in "***** jobs".

2. No dividend payout to directors/managers until the entire sum has been paid back plus a 20% (level is up to discussion) levy to help fund the pay increases of those in "***** jobs".

3. No shares given to employees from the directors down until the entire sum has been paid back plus a 20% (level is up to discussion) levy.

4. No share buy back schemes to avoid taxation until the entire sum has been paid back plus a 20% (level is up to discussion) levy.

5. Paying the full amount of tax rather than utilising loopholes to avoid it, for ever.

6. Companies registered abroad must re-register in the UK and pay tax here. No return to the tax havens in the future either

7. Tax exile owners bring their affairs back to the UK and pay UK Tax on their income and remain UK taxpayers pemanently.

I would also warn the banks that they either start being more "sensible" in loans to companies at this time or they will get hit with a huge 1 off extra tax bill as payment to the rest of us for bailing them out in 2008.