Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
You’re probably right about the ‘four or five bitter old men’, Andy. That’s just how you all came across to me and I think you’ve missed my point.
‘Casual racism’ is very different from being overtly racist and I think I chose my words more carefully than either you or GP.
Maybe if you read it back you’ll see that there is a type of ‘them and us’ mentality emerging and a resentment about those BAME groups who are accused, wrongly imo, of gaining attention because they ‘shout loudest’.

If you still don’t agree, we’ll just have to agree to differ.

As for ‘normal’...what you’re actually describing, imo, is ‘decent’. Sadly I’m not sure quite how ‘normal’ it is for people to be ‘reasonable, law abiding, charitable and non-racist’, these days...but I sincerely wish you were right.
No I don’t agree to agree to differ and my point wasn’t based round BAME ‘shouting loudest’, GP said that - my issue remains with ‘the press’ and ‘broadcast news and current affairs’ and the tactic they clearly have to ‘push agendas’ (BAME is one but not the only one) for reasons I have an opinion on but won’t share here as it isn’t the issue at hand.