Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
I’m sorry you feel like that, but that post is patronising nonsense. I asked you to post your facts, and tell me your conclusion, but some reason you didn't want to, and then you accuse me of not being interested in facts. I’ve made it clear through all of this exchange that I’m no expert and don’t feel qualified to answer many of the questions the subject poses.

You asked me what I thought the government should do next, I give you a straightforward answer that a right wing Tory MP agrees with, but apparently all I have is ‘identity based ideas’. You appear to think it’s unreasonable that I hold actual black people’s experiences as strong evidence on the subject of black people and the justice system.

All very strange. I can only assume you feel silly basing your opinions of a large people-led movement on one article by a person whose qualifications appear non existent. How many of your ‘facts’ did he use? Farage isn’t getting much attention currently, maybe you could ask him what he thinks about it all as well?
I didn't mean to be patronising but I stand by what I said and I don't think it's nonsense.

You asked me to post stats as a way of avoiding my question after I had asked you to quantify your perception of the situation. I was right not to bother as you've just admitted that you would've discounted the stats regardless of what they showed.

I didn't base my opinion on the article I posted. I posted my opinion beforehand, and then posted the article a couple of days later as I thought it interesting and relevant. And yes it did contain some facts. Facts that you didn't want to discuss as you didn't approve of the author's job.

We couldn't discuss the points raised in the article because of the writer's job.

We couldn't discuss the general topic due to our skin colour.

You approved of Lammy's recommendations but couldn't really tell me why.

You've admitted you take more notice of group identity than of actual data.

I don't feel silly at all.