Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
Because the lovely Amanda said we should contact the PL I sent this
I am writing in disgust at the way the PL have conducted themselves over the proposed Newcastle takeover. I seem to recall the owners/directors (previously fit and proper persons test) was designed to protect clubs being taken over and stripped bare by people, before leaving the clubs in financial difficulties. This was designed to protect clubs for their supporters and the good of the game. This singular fact has been ignored in Newcastle's case and now instead of the club preparing for a bright and exciting future we are left as was with a disinterested owner, who only plans to advertise his other business through PL coverage and whose actions are slowly destroying a once great club. Only you (mr Masters) and the other incompetents at the PL think this is good for a member club and your product. Even now there is no comments from yourselves about what went wrong,why there was such a delay in the OD test or any information at all. This leaves yourself and the PL open to conjuncture.
There are rumours of other member clubs objecting and trying to influence a decision, that yourselves were against the takeover but could not find anything in the test to reject it and so sat on it and refused to give an answer one way or another and even the fact you were trying to force the buyers into appointing the KSA as a director. I ask you to clarify these points. I know you have stated your ODT is more stringent than UK law but this does not mean the PL is above these laws and if other clubs have been exerting influence over this process it smells very much of unfair competition. Deliberately deciding never to make any decision until it goes away is also very dubious legally .
So in conclusion can you answer these points. I thank you for your time and also for destroying any last hope or ambition left in my soul for a football club I have loved all my life. You have destroyed the love not just of my club but also for the beautiful game. I will not watch your corrupt and tainted product anymore and can not wait for your chosen favourites( big 6 ) to desert for a European super league. May be then this cesspit of a money grabbing league will be destroyed for ever
have you got the address ? and well said