Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
Waghorn - Agree with you on his one footedness but he did get 12 goals last season from out wide. Not bad for a winger wo is actually a striker.
Shinnie - free transfer. Possibly good enough as cover for the DM role or wide MF but nowhere near my 1st choice in either role
Jozefoon - I posted my doubts when we signed him.............
Lawrence - is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. The player we saw in the last half a dozen games prior to lockdown was exactly the player we want. Unfortunately, following lockdown, he reverted to his petulant best and his "form" disappeared faster than it had come. I still think he's a luxury we can't afford.
Marriott - Marriott season 1 was what we want in a striker. Season 2 was destroyed by the groin injury he picked up pre season. I don't think the jury can be out on a fit Jack. The question is how fit is he?
Waghorn's a decent championship striker, but has hardly been played in that role, but his goal tally was more than respectable last season.

Shinnie, well he was free and can play in a number of positions, good cover

Jozefoon - looked an exciting signing, like so many who come to Derby with good reputations has failed to deliver the goods.

Lawrence - on his day he is class, trouble is those days are infrequent.

Marriott - injured last season, has this season to prove his worth.