In a mood of curiosity i listened to the football show on radio Cambs tonight, to see how on earth this habitual losers of a club has won games and kept clean sheets. And the answer seems to be wonderful. Apparently Mark Bonner has adopted the strengths of previous Cambridge managers, and John Beck was mentioned.

John WINNER Beck, this patron saint of attacking football, of goals, of fitness, of professionalism, of never say die, of genius, of being a man.

Can this be true, that Bonner may have this footballing Jesus as a mentor? Apparently United are playing direct, which explains two heavy weight bustling forwards.

You know what you can do with that limp, impotent, time wasting nonsense called passing football, get the flippin thing in the box.

Its the only way. Run the opposition over, and i mean that in an articulated lorry verses a rabbit on the M6. This is just for illustration purposes, i am an animal lover.

My interest has been re kindled. Can the potent, testosterone filled, amber juggernaut be on the way back? With Beck as a back seat driver?

I am on my knees, hand clasped together in prayer, holding a rosary. Let it be.

Bruno of Gwydir Street.