A thought has occurred and I wonder if I've understood the situation correctly. Other views are invited:

RUFC have refused to sell season tickets until such a time that fans are allowed back into the stadium unrestricted. Until that time supporters have been able to pay £25 (non refundable) flexi ticket which would then allow them to "bid" to buy one of the few match day tickets if/when restricted crowds are allowed back. That's good. It seems logical.

Some clubs, I dont know how many, but some clubs have gone ahead and sold actual season tickets as with past, "normal" practice.

My pondering is what would happen if no fans (or very few (i.e. well below season ticket numbers) are allowed back into stadiums at all this season? Surely those clubs would have to refund vast amounts of cash to supporters who havent had the option to watch their team. It could run into millions, couldn't it?

Am I missing something really obvious here? Have the Millers been prudent and thought well ahead and planned for the worse case scenario whereas others have blindly sought out cash up front? Do those fans of other clubs whose bought full season tickets get free Ifollow access and that will therefore negate any future refunds?

Any thoughts?