Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
FM on TV just now. 2,520 people have died having tested positive for Covid-19 in the preceeding 28 days. Realistically you can assume 25% (maybe more) of those would have died of their pre existing conditions anyway (28 days is a long time) in the more than six months now that they've been miscounting and misleading.

25% of 2,520 is 1,890 therefore that 1,890 represents, in six months remember, a mortality rate for this highly lethal virus of 0.034%.

Quick Google check reveals that in 2018 16,153 people died with cancer (I'm using 'with' as it's possible some cancer deaths were directly caused by other things). In six months it's probably fair to assume 8,076 cancer deaths which is 0.15% of the population - more than 4 times the mortality rate.

A 'typical' annual mortality rate in Scotland - all causes - is around 1.15%

This virus is no more lethal than any other cause of mortality in this country, probably less so in fact. So why are so many businesses being forced to close putting more and more people into poverty?

Answer - New vaccines which will be mass produced and we'll all be coerced into buying because we'll be told we'll die if we don't.

By the way I'm ignoring illness without death because the economy already accounts for loss of time due to illness. Without even doing any analysis I doubt the number of hospital admissions and hours lost at work was any more in the last six months than it would have been without Covid. Let's face it the hospitals are empty and nobody even bothers going to their GP any more because of the hoops you have to jump through just to get an interview with a nurse practitioner.
GPS are now almost redundant, in football terms the gp is the goalie but you have to get through an impenetrable defence to get to him/her.

You can really only get dentistry if you are prepared to pay for the dentists PPE and regular hospital clinics are finished and screening is in abayance.

Thank God we saved the NHS 😁