The 3-4-3 has made us a far more competitive team at this level this season and I couldn't make a case against it .

However when we play against the better teams It's not quite so effective , I take the point the top 6 have better players but it's more than just having better players .

I've never been a great fan of three central defenders and have always thought it was a sign of a manager or HC not having complete faith with the players he has .

Almost everyone who is successful plays with a back four .

I honestly believe that to be a consistently successful team in the championship we have to at some point look towards playing with two central defenders and two full backs , I'd expect the full backs to be able to defend effectively and get forward too .

In an ideal world I'd want to play 4-3-3 , I do like the 3 up top which we currently employ .

I feel the reason we are seeing more long ball is because we have 3 central defenders who by definition aren't the greatest passes of the ball and we also saw last night how relatively easy it is to nullify our wing backs .

This isn't something I expect to see happen overnight by any means but I do believe that if further progress is to be made its something the coaching and recruitment teams need to be working towards .

We need to be better with the ball , better at retaining possession , the amount of times we turn the ball over is woeful to be honest which is one of the reasons the better sides at this level brush us aside .

The 4-3-3 should encourage the shorter ball and better movement within the team and be less predictable .

My honest opinion is that Val has done a very good job with the players he's inherited but I have to say too that some of our football isn't easy to watch , in fact some of it is awful .

Players such as Herbie Kane are suffering the consequences of this style who I think can be a passer of the ball and I'd also include Palmer and Mowatt in that scenario .

I'm desperate to get Styles in to midfield too who has the skill set to pass the ball , move and cause mischief offensively .

At this moment in time it's difficult to see which two central defenders you'd go with in a back four but I do think Sibbick should be in the conversation with his calmness and decent ability on the ball for a central defender with possibly Helik at his side .

It's definitely something I'd be looking to see on the field once we get over the 50 point mark .

It's about continuous improvement , finding the extra 10% and pushing further up that table , as I say I wouldn't expect this to happen overnight but in my opinion to further improve it has to happen going forward .