So, historically, Sunderland are the big team but for me Lincoln are the ones to fear. They are, by far, the most capable team we've played against and have beaten us twice already without us really causing them a great deal of problems. So , third time lucky or another football lesson? There is a third alternative, a close run thing that could be a draw or narrow win for them. However, true to my nature, I'm going for the Portsmouth/Gillingham option. We DO look better at the back but still lost concentration enough to allow Sunderland two free shots at goal. It will also rely heavily on whether we continue with the recent set up or revert back to the slow and deep possession game. The latter certainly benefits Lincoln who were supremely well organised and would possibly pin us in our own half until (probably) Beckles gave the ball away in front of goal.
Listening to the Railwaymen podcast the other night, the guest Lincoln fan suggested that their treatment room is much worse than ours. It has also been suggested that the Imps are slow starters and with our recent starts catching opposition teams out (but not scoring!) this could be to the Alex's advantage.
Who is going to be fit and available? Well, on his 'press' interview DA said that Daniels and Murphy were, "Okay." Whether this means they are available OR, indeed, will play, is yet to be seen. Perhaps Murphy and Evans could job share . I'm going to upset Lukcour by suggesting that Lowery should play. This is because he hasn't had a sustained run in the team and needs to be up to scratch in terms of his contribution, which at the moment doesn't compare with last season. I would also go Powell on the left, up front. Walker's goal may be what he needs to get himself going and I think Powell, on the left, showed more of his old self so perhaps Walker can come on on the right side in the second half. If Daniels is fully fit, then he should play and the rest of the back four picks itself. Clearly, Mandron and Porter should start. Mandron has now added assists to his game on top of everything and Porter can do any scoring within 6 yards of the goal. I worry about Richards in goal. He hasn't dropped many real clangers but he's been well protected (except against Sunderland and for Blackpool's goal) and hasn't had a great deal to do. If any team does get in a range of shots on target, I trust him less than I do Will.
Prediction: I have already signalled defeat and I'm going for 3-1 to the Imps.