Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
An MP's basic salary was £81,932 last year (figure courtesy of the BBC; expenses, allowances and any staffing costs are on top of this).

Their pay increases are worked out using a formula which takes public sector pay increases into account. Using this formula MP's were inline for a £3,000 pay for 2021.

However, this year's prospective pay rise was vetoed last year. I have no idea when they're due another pay review but I am of the opinion that my MP, his wife (also an MP) and his son (yes, also an MP) are on one hell of a screw.

For the record I wouldn't trust my MP to change a lightbulb never mind a surgical dressing.
That is interesting Albionic and glad you shared those figures. Taking this even further, some questions id love to put to all of these MPs is why should they need to have a body to review their pay, when (from what it looks like) pay reviews for nurses are never taken further? It absolutely stinks.
Frontline staff during this pandemic should be awarded pay rises. Perhaps it’s some agenda to push things into private control. Who knows? I can see it though, the outcome of any pandemic enquiry will say the nhs wasn’t capable of handling it and they need to cut further and redistribute services to private care.