Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
Great post Mick - I liked Vine on Radio 2 a few years ago but since he went on TV he has turned into a grade A tosser, made a right fool of himself here - it's a funeral, not a recruitment campaign, should hang his head in shame. The BBC reported Elon Musk's SpaceX company has been selected by NASA for future lunar missions, part of which is to land the first person of colour on the moon. Wokery at it's finest, so much for character and capability making you the best person for the job.
I felt the same when I heard about Biden stating that there would be a person of colour and a woman landing on the moon.

Much as I didn’t like Trump I have to say there’s something deeply unlikeable about Biden and the bloke is a bandwagon jumper of the highest order.

With a task as difficult as flying and landing on the moon it doesn’t matter if it’s 20 black people, 20 women, 20 white blokes or 20 chimpanzees that make up the elite......it has to be the BEST 20 people.......end of!!

Tokenism had a bad effect on moral in any team, there’s nothing worse than being involved in a team that’s been subject to a “box ticking” scenario.

During my final period working at Dunlop Sports in 96-97 this sort of thing was just starting to happen and our Sales Director decided to employ the first ever female U.K. Sales Manager to run our team.

No experience of the sports trade either, it was a total disaster, the seven strong male sales team of which I was part was such a strong and long term unit that we just completely ignored her because she was clueless, we ran her absolutely ragged, in truth we made her life a misery but not for the sake of it but because she’s was completely out of her depth!

As for Biden......

Dithering old t w a t.