I have done a little research to compare the promotion records of all the Millers managers for the period I have been supporting the club (i.e. from 1967). I used the following web sites:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_F.C._seasons
https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/tea...mTabs=managers

There are 30 managers listed but the list is missing a few "acting-managers" (especially during relegations after sackings) so perhaps 30 is an under-estimate.

My quick analysis shows that, out of those 30 managers (over the last 54 years) only the following 7 managers have achieved even a single promotion.

Phil Henson, Billy McEwan and Jimmy McGuigan each achieved one promotion from the 4th tier to the 3rd tier (Billy McEwan won the 4th Division Championship).

Ian Porterfield achieved one promotion from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier (he won the 3rd Division Championship in doing so).

Ronnie Moore and Steve Evans each achieved two promotions - one each from the 4th tier to the 3rd tier and one each from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier.

Only Paul Warne has achieved two promotions from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier. And what is even more extraordinary is that he has never failed to win a promotion from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier.

Only 2 out of 30 managers have ever won a championship in the entire 54 years.

Younger Millers need to understand that the majority of those 30 managers will have been seen by many of the Millers fans at the time they were appointed as being the solution to problems caused by the previous incumbent. However, 22 of them never achieved a promotion and 7 of the ones who didn't win a promotion were in charge when we were relegated.

It is easy to see from the records that replacing a manager is a lottery. There is no guarantee of success and promotion is a relatively rare commodity - just 10 promotions in 54 years (5 from 3rd tier to 2nd tier and 5 from 4th tier to 3rd tier).

Paul Warne has achieved 20% of all the promotions in the last 54 years and he has achieved 40% of the promotions from 3rd to 2nd tier over that same period. He has achieved that over a period of only 4.5 years. It would be complete lunacy to dismiss him. We should be thanking our lucky starts that we have him and that he is so fond of our club.