Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
I just hope we can go to Bromley needing only a draw to guarantee we finish no lower than 7th.

To go up, unless penalty shoot-outs are involved, we have to at least win the last three games of the season on the bounce.
Needing to win at Bromley would make it four. Surely we'll have to beat Weymouth as well, five.

Since dropping down, the best winning sequence was 5, achieved once - climaxing with the play off SF win over Barnet.

If we were to win all of our remaining games that would be 6 wins on the bounce. Added to the run we've just been on, that would be 9 wins and 1 draw in the final 10. Not impossible but not altogether realistic.

I think we're going to have to settle for at least a couple more draws. Hopefully a point at Wrexham, a win over Weymouth and a draw at Bromley gets us in. Then a pen shoot out win in one of the play off games and win the other two outright. That's as believable a dream I can allow myself to have right now.
At this moment in time I'd say we need 5 points to make the play-offs. If we lose to Wrexham we'd need to win our last two games.

That could change though, after the next round of games.

Chesterfield and Halifax play one another in their last game, so a win for either would eliminate the other from the chase.