I used to think with this guy i was just looking at him through Leeds tinted goggles and I didn't watch west ham so he must be worth the 80m + they all talk about, he must be the undroppable England player they all say he is.

But after 3 games I honest to god cannot see what he does better than Phillips. Whenever he gets the ball it takes him 5/6 seconds to bumble about with it before he eventually passes it backwards to a centre back or sideways to a full back.

Defensively he never seems to break up play very well, when he does make a tackle it is clumsy and messy.

He has a good attitude, is young and will develop but anyone saying he is better in that role than Phillips is deluded, when Kalvin was there in second half at least he tried to hit long balls to wingers and get us going forward whenever he could.

Am I off on this?

Also- Mason Mount, can someone get him to go hug a COVID positive player again please so we can have someone who actually attacks and runs with the ball forward for rest of tournament. Grealish did more in 10 minutes going forward than Mount has done in 2 games