I am a regular but small bet player on horse racing and golf. Just for fun and further interest. Keep records to make sure not losing much and money comes out of joint account so ‘she who must be obeyed’ is the auditor! Small profit of £112 over the last 5 years but more about fun and interest and in fact quite often now go a couple of weeks at least without having a bet.

Haven’t got into football betting but I know from industry reports and hearsay that this has become a huge part of betting. Wondered if anyone has got into this at all and has any best bets. I sometimes have the odd cash fiver when I am at any of our games, usually on first goal scorer but never particularly focussed as my other bets are, and usually because others, who don’t bet on anything else now see it as part of the match day experience.

I have been looking at bets to see if I can see any value and a couple have interested me.

Bet365 have made up Regional leagues and we are 13/8 favourites to win that league which is just us, Stoke, Coventry, Blues, Forest and Derby. That looks a great price to me, surely we should win that league?

We are around 5/1 to win the league and 11/4 to be promoted.

Anyone laid any bets on us this year?