Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
I haven't forgotten at all, I know which league St Mirren play in. Not sure that has much or anything to do with him bring sent off in the season opener when he only just came off the subs bench.

Maybe it's a standard too high for him having operated all his career in tinpot leagues (as you say) and the bottom end of League 2. What do you think Davy?

Not that I blame him for challenging himself and going to a club at a much higher level. Plus he will have been on fair wage whilst being sat on the bench or on the treatment table all last season. So a good move for the player.

But I'll stick with Rodders he's considerably younger, more potential, chance of a sell on fee, presumably much lower wages plus Dennis never showed the consistency Rodders did at the end of last season during his time at Notts.

He doesn't have to be fantastic he just has to be a good signing which I think he already is. Plenty more to come I hope from Ruben.
As for Rodders showing consistency is a matter of debate , he played well for a month or so, not yet demonstrated over a full season or more than a season??
Any player can play well for a limited time given the impression they are much better than they actually are, goes back to the famous old line, form is temporary, class is permanent ..

The idea of Notts buying younger players, could be a better choice financially going forward, as they do indeed cost less in wages, plus there is a chance of a sell on fee, trouble is for every diamond, there will probably be 10 average or dud players