+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dyche is not the problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dyche is not the problem

I have heard quite a few comments on here recently suggesting a change of manager would be a good thing.
    It is far too simplistic to lay the blame with Dyche for our current playing style and predicament.
    Firstly I think the style of play or Dycheball as it is called is largely dictated by the tools that Sean has at his disposal.Our technical inferiority means that we have to try to win by other means than the slick football often seen in the PL.We do not have the players to do that in the PL and any attempt to do that would end up with us getting hammered every week and not by the odd goal.The squad is primarily made up of players who at their peak were average PL players at best.Now they are ageing and slowing.They cannot maintain the intensity required in the PL for more than 60-65 minutes.
    If we think back to the Championship winning season the football was exciting and great to watch so I do not think the current style of play is down to Dyche.
    Sean was led to believe many seasons ago that the investment in the squad although small by PL standards would be forthcoming.However for as long as I can remember our midfield has never been addressed and our front line has been for want of a better word impotent except for Wood who if he were injured we would no doubt have been relegated the last two seasons.The recruitment has been shambolic and some of the signings have been a woeful waste of money.
    I can only presume Sean was being patient and waiting to see if the promised investment from the new owners materialised.
    Now we have new owners and the club has far less finances than under the previous lot simply because the contents of the much admired dry powder room were used to buy the club.If that money had been invested in the squad then I am pretty sure we would be witnessing better football and better results.
    Sean has his faults with substitutions as a much mentioned gripe but again he does not have game changers on the bench.
    It will be interesting to see if come Christmas we are in the relegation zone then ALK give Dyche more backing.If not then it is game over for the us in the PL and SD will be off.
    At the end of the day for SD to do what he has done with BFC with the tools at his disposal is nothing short of a miracle.Only a genius could have kept this team in the PL for so long without investment.I fear however that the lack of investment has finally caught up with us.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 15-09-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)