What are we all thinking?

I genuinely didn't think the club was stupid enough to go through this window and not strengthen that midfield area but alas it looks like thats exactly what we are doing.

I have a LOT of faith in our ownership and management but honestly this just reeks of that year when Grayson had us in playoffs and all we needed to do was strengthen the defense and we'd probably have gone up but this time all we need to do is reinforce that midfield to protect our PL status and I hope the outcome of no business isn't us going down. I get comparing these guys to Bates is miles apart but it is just the situation that is similar not the reasons behind not buying.

The whole Aaronson deal just seems like Ben White situation where we clearly want him, we won't pay what they want and then he will go somewhere bigger and better in 6 months because his stock has risen and clubs are looking at him more. He could be ****......but honestly I'd rather just gamble at least once on a player at this point.

If we end up with Minamino I'll just be ****ing annoyed cos he can't score for **** and already have one of those in Dan James, we don't need two.

Really hope the club do something and bring in a centre forward and midfielder but just looks unlikely now. I've got faith, I believe in them but I can't help feel this is just a massive gamble to not spend compared to a minor gamble in overpaying by 3/4 million for 2 players when lets be honest that money will probably be recoupped in the sale of Raphinha, Meslier or Phillips in the summer.