Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Serious football question for you Tricky. You’re going up, it’s a big step...so, your squad isn’t bad, but you’ll be losing at least two stalwarts in all probability so...who are you going to keep and who are going to be amongst the cast offs?
RA, I'd love to answer that I really would.
But the truth is, its impossible to say.

I believe after what I've read and seen, that Johnson/Worrall will stay. (met Johnsons dad on Sunday, he's a happy man).
The stories are, we want to keep Spence/Garner. Spence is all about money(up to £20m) and Garner is about what Utd want. They have already approached Utd, even for a loan if they won't sell.

Zinc is avalable for £2 m? Not convinced he'll be good enough, but for the squad? maybe.
Lowe wants to come, but SUFC acting funny over money, but I wouldn't be bothered if he didn't.
Davies has been valued at £15m by Villa. We won't pay that, for a player they deem not good enough. £7-8 million max.

I think Grabban is done, as are Figuerado and Bong.
In fact a few fringe players are never going to make the grade and a cull is necessary.

So the problem now is, I know we have some good youngsters coming through. Do we gamble, or concentrate on experiance?
The talk is a kitty of £50 million. Though I have been told by a few at the club, there may well be £75 million available.

All I know is, I trust S.Cooper. He seems to get the best out of players others don't
The ones we already had and the incomings, like Spence/Garner/Davies/Surridge couldn't even get a game at their own clubs.
Makes a mockery of others opinions at times. Really makes you think how many potential diamonds waste away in other clubs reserves.

I aint deluding myself. We are up against it. Survival is the mission and if Marinakis delivers on his promise, then players will come

Another thing folks forget, is Marinakis owns Olympiakos as well. It will give us access to players from abroad and possibly do what Watford have done with Udinese.
Who knows, 23 years of pain have left me for the moment.