Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
Good win Sub, they all count, your centre-forward sounds familiar, he wasn't 6ft 4ins and speaking with a Dutch accent was he ?

Finally met up with Outwood at half-time, I think there was some confusion over the colours, I'm not sure Outwood was watching the right team in the first half, he knows Clitheroe play in blue, but so do Rammy, and we were playing in our 2nd strip, this led Outwood to think we were losing 2-1 at half time, as indeed the Blues were, but the Blues were Rammy, not us. We were lucky to be in front, Rammy were the better team in the first half, but Clitheroe got a firm grip of the game in the 2nd half and ran out comfortable winners in the end, going through their defence like a knife through butter in the last 20 minutes.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable game. I was confused by the colours at kick off but I was stood by the corner flag and eventually spotted the sponsor’s logo on Clitheroe’s away yellow kit when they won a corner. I went to get a pie at half-time with the score at 1-1 so had my back to the pitch when the third goal went in and heard the shouts so I assumed (wrongly as it turned out) that Rammy had retaken the lead. Nice pie at £2.50 and a reasonable fiver admission. Attractive ground nestled between the cricket club and the East Lancs Railway line with the Peel Tower in full view. After walking right round the ground I eventually located sinkov so we found a good seat for the second half. In truth Clitheroe struggled to impose themselves in the first half but always carried an aerial threat and they dominated play in the second half comfortably running out 4-1 winners. The crowd just over 400 and quite a rowdy (vocally) contingent from Clitheroe. Five goals, sunshine, good company. I have spent many a worse Saturday afternoon.