I have a really bad feeling on this. Maybe not Cantona bad but not good. I know it's all rumor but there is way too much talk of this and Ted's actions speak louder than words.

Ayling's at the end of his career and frankly looks as lost as the rest of our back 4 at times... albeit it in very short minutes.

Rasmussen is wild at times and prone to tough challenges that could generate suspensions and cards or an injury to himself. That leaves us U-23 players or a whiz bang like Firpo.

Even more troubling is his attitude. This is a player that requested a loan to Cardiff so that he could play regular minutes and dominated his position on that team even though he came in mid season. He proved himself in a high risk career situation. He's 21 going on 30 maturity wise. He's obviously got a fire burning in him and he knows where he wants to go.

We've had players like that in the past glory days that would fit in a Revie team but would not do well on a Ted team. The fact is that He's also being pursued by teams that include some championship and world caliber teams. I can see Dortmund getting him developing him over a couple of years and selling for 30-50 million. At that point who knows where he goes on to play. We'll need a Right back by then.

Finally, and most importantly, I find it troubling that our coach has not even given him a run even though we have one of the worst defenses in the Prem and we still have teams like Dortmund and Newcastle chasing him. Eddie Howell probably is a whole lot better on assessing talent, based on what he's done at the Geordies, than Ted is.

I can't help but feel that this is the alternate universe version of Ben White that went out on Loan to Leeds and came back to be a valuable member of the Gunners. Meanwhile, we send him off to Cardiff to develop and star on their team and then sit him and eventually sell off.