FFS. Where do you start??
First I'm not one for punting managers as it is money down the drain and then more money as players get punted and need to be replaced. It was painfully obvious even at the start of the season we looked very "light" at the back and if we are honest the only time we have kept a clean sheet is when the opposition haven't capitalised on the clear chances they have had. As the season has gone on our 3 fullbacks are all OK(generous I know) going forward but are poor defensively. Stewart can't pass, Scales gives away penalties at an alarming rate and McCrorie has been left to cover for all of them, after they have been pants/injured/suspended when he is supposed to be a midifelder. We need a whole new back 4 if the defence can't be "sorted with a week on the training field" unless we stick with McCrorie at RB which I'd go with.
I'd give Goodwin this transfer window to get the defence sorted as horrific as we are defensively and away from home, we have made some decent signings and the home form hasn't been bad. We would have more points if it wasn't for the BsitB but every AFC manager is gong to experience that.