How do people feel about this? I understand the club need to seek out revenue streams etc but i'm not sure I like this. It replaces an end of season event where we could show our appreciation to players etc. I've been to the last two and enjoyed a post-match event to top off the season in a in formal manner.
The club are now to replace the occasion with £15 tickets (okay, some of that covers pie and peas) and a starting time of 7.00pm.
I'm not sure what people are supposed to do for 2 hours between the match and the event, especially those of us who have travelled from out of town.
Anyway, I won't be going now and nor will the 2 guests I am bringing to the game, who would have gone with me and my partner to the usual after-match event.
As a season ticket holder of many years I am beginning to think that my support is a little less appreciated. I have supported the club financially in a number of ways including kit sponsorship until that was repackaged and taken out of my price range. I hope they don't lose sight of support beyond mere streams of revenue.