+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Home form going into play offs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Home form going into play offs

Best I've known it for years. We've won 13 out of our last 14 games at Oakwell. Out of those 14 games we've scored 37 and conceded 11.

The solitary loss out of those was to Bolton where Mads was red carded after 5 mins and gave Bolton a penalty.

Early season we were struggling at home and lost a few games. We looked inconsistent and shaky at times. However, we've been really convincing from November onwards.

After yesterday we can't finish below 4th place which means that the second leg of the play offs is at home. If we can bring anything back from the first leg away to whoever we face, then thaz got to fancy our chances of getting the job done back at Oakwell.

OK, our away form of late could be better and so too the performances which is a cause for concern. Its a case of getting the away leg out of the way with minimal damage and then getting them back to fortress Oakwell and finishing the job in my opinion.

Yesterday was our 9th consecutive home win. In my 35 years of supporting us, I can't recall a run of consecutive victories like that at Oakwell. Out of those 9 successive wins, we have been convincing with them and played some top teams during that run and blown them all away.

It certainly bodes well for the play offs doesn't it. I don't think any of our potential play off opponents will be relishing coming to Oakwell for the second leg without a substantial lead
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 23-04-2023 at 09:23 AM.