RE Pawlett/Harkes

The biggest issue for me is that they were both given new contracts when we should have moved on for better.

Pawlett had 1 good game vs Morton on his debut and after that was either pretty poor or injured or a very brief spell in a game where he looked like he was finally at it. Bizarrely he prob showed more in his recent attempts of a comeback than he did prior to getting a new contract. No doubts injuries ruined him, i think there was a player in there somewhere.

Harkes was chased throughout the summer for an extension like we were losing someone who was way better than he actually was meanwhile neglecting the fact we need midfielders of another type badly. For me, hes one of the biggest reasons we have never been able to control a midfield for years as he's like playing a man down when in possession due to his positional sense and his amazing ability to stand behind players and never be on for a pass. Have i seen worse... yes a lot worse but we never pursued them to stay the way we did with Harkes and for me one of TA's worst bits of business was doing that.