May as well start this one nice and early given it's the opening day of the season .

It looks on paper a relatively gentle start to the new season and I say that with all due respect to Vale but it's a game we should be expecting to win .

However it's the first game under a new HC and we are minus two of the best centre backs in the league from last season .

People can go all optimistic and that's fair enough but in my opinion this squad at this moment and under a new HC is a weaker one than what walked off the pitch at Wembley at the end of May .

It's a weaker one until it's proved otherwise is where I'm at , everything else is just blind optimism .

The same HC and the exact same players who walked off that Wembley pitch and are still here would be a different thing altogether in my opinion .

However we should have enough to see off a Vale outfit who had a very poor second half to the season last time out and haven't added too much to that squad as of yet which doesn't generally bode well going in to a new season .

They looked a very poor outfit at Vale Park in February when we won comfortably 3-1 on a bit of a leveller of a pitch .

A good performance and a two or three nil win would be very welcome .

Collins needs a good start in my opinion , he's not had to fix too many problems at the level he's previously coached at and this is not the place right now for learning on the job or if he needs to it would better be pretty sharpish .