Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
On the face of it from a Toon perspective the PIF moves are sometimes baffling but I know theres a bigger game at play going on "up on high" behind the scenes. Its above my pay grade so to speak.

100% sure we are in good hands.but we really are a small cog in their operation I reckon. A small cog but no less an important one.
Yasir Al-Rumayyan is OUR chairman, not Clearlake or Chelsea's.

His excellency is the man who calls the shots in the PiF. He wears a B&W lined suit with the NUFC lining. The man is all about making us No.1.

What bhoily and the Chelsea lot do is nothing to do with our progression.

Ashley left the club like an abandoned warehouse. Only thing inside, rats and unsellable, tatty cheap, 10 Yr old SD stock (Hendrick etc).

We have no way of generating investment capital for players. We've got CL football the first full season.

Everyone in the C-Suite is 100% aware of the potential drop in league for sue to being in Europe. They did all they can. We'll sign more in Jan.

However, I love the fact we are only signing the players on our A-list. Rather to carry on with the great group me tality than bring in a 3 lrd or 4th choice alternative.

Over the next 2 or 3 seasons contracts will end and we will bring in a worldie in each position as those player contracts run down.

Really don't see what all the fuss is about