The Reading left back yesterday really impressed me , Clinton Mola .

Now he is playing in a really poor team , he didn't get forward too much but his passing from the back was really bright and I thought in team that wanted to pass and even play it out from the back this kid would be a good fit .

So I looked at his career , 22 years old , came to Reading on a free from Blackburn .

But here's the reason why he can pass out from the back , he was in Chelsea's academy , from probably 10 years old until he was 18 that's how he was coached and then he went to Stuggart in Germany where again that's how they are coached .

Played at all the England levels up to the under 21's too .

This kid may not amount to much but it isn't because he can't play or even defend , he's playing in a poor team , they are shipping goals left , right and centre , the confidence then goes , the manager gets the sack and Reading are in league two and before you know it his career has almost gone .

Someone sees his strengths , the way the team plays suits him , they win games regularly and all of a sudden his career is going in a different direction .

That's what recruitment people are meant to spot , the specific skills the HC is looking for to play the way he wants .

He would never be on our radar because the information James Cryne looks at would tell him something completely different .