He was my Father along with Dingle Councils. Unfortunately he's passed away from cancer being diagnosed with terminal illness 18 months ago. He had bad eyesight and had to have eye injections every three months to combat him going blind. That's why he posted in capitals sometimes.

He was a Red through and through since the early 60s and took me down to Oakwell as a kid. He also took me and r kid to Old Trafford a few times with the Park Rd supporters club which gave me an idea about life. Great days as a kid with some ups and downs along the way and I'd like to thank him for that.

Obviously I saw the light and chose supporting Barnsley thank fuq but the experiences of those trips watching the Reds and Man U shaped me not only as a football fan but also as a human being. Me and r kid also had the pleasure of going to Old Trafford and lifting the FA Cup trophy on an open day in 1983 or 85. I barely remember it as I was an infant but what a privilege that was.

He wasn't the best father by any means but memories like that and also experiencing the Bradford game sat side by side with him in the West Stand and shedding many tears together after Clint scored was unforgettable.

He used to tell me many a story of what it was like being a ardent Red in the early 1960s, troubled times for the club back then in the lower end of the 4th division and I was fascinated to learn and absorb all the information. He followed us home and away back then when he was an adolescent. One story (of many he teld mi) was of him going up to watch us at Darlington midweek with his 6 of his mates all packed into a Delboy style Robin Reliant and getting hammered 3 nowt, then telling (shouting) up to Ernest Dennis who was sat up in the dignitary seats after the game what a load of shyte he had just witnessed, only to be waved at was gold

RIP favver, love you and goodnight God bless.