Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
I've just posted this on another forum:

Our defence gets a bit of a rough deal because although there have been some shocking individual errors, they are told to play a high risk game. We pass around in our own area and sometimes it goes wrong. When it goes right however, we play through the press and score at the other end. Luke Williams has been in charge for 72 league games. In those 72 games we've scored 172 goals and conceded 89, while amassing 149 points. They are sensational stats and the entertainment has been fantastic.

It was an alien approach to me as a fan of 53 years, but I soon grew to love it.
Entertaining? Definitely. Massively frustrating? Also yes. We’ve got the best attacking players in the league and Williams has certainly let them loose. His failure to address the defensive issues, culminating in yet another fiasco at Tranny the other day puts quite a few minus points in the ledger for me. Some might say he’s been let down by the recruitment during the summer, but surely the whole point of the head coach model is that he’s supposed to improve the players he’s been given to work with.

I think Williams’ departure could be an opportunity as much as a threat.