Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
We've signed four players if you include Macari joining permanently, but I wouldn't be surprised if we add one more.

Truth be told we're not ready for League One yet - we're still learning about League Two.

If we make the play-offs then of course we'll have a bash, but I think we would be better served following the Stockport route of taking a season to adapt to this level and then look to go again. We don't want to go up, get battered and return in the condition Forest Green are in. As frustrating as it was to spend three seasons bashing our heads against the ceiling of the National League, I think the fact that we did, before eventually storming to promotion in style, made us much more 'ready' for this level.

If you're Wrexham you can get promoted and simply buy a new team for League One, but I see our best path being one of more gradual evolution, because we haven't got enough money for revolution. Few clubs at this level have.
This is exactly where I’m at and have posted similar previously. I hope we can continue to remain in the playoffs and have a playoff campaign at the end of the season. However if we don’t it will not be the end of the world.

We are doing well for our first season back. Stockport are in season two, Wrexham have been a league one ready team since last season, Mansfield have taken three/four seasons and so have Barrow. The table never lies and we are not quite there. We all know why and that’s because we concede too many goals. Address this in the coming months and over the summer and we could be automatic promotion contenders next season if we don’t go up this season.

It’s gradual improvement season on season at Notts and is how the club operates which people should know by now. I don’t expect us to go splashing money in the next couple of days either chasing Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield as I’ve said on here before.

If anything for us the summer will be one where there could be some moulding of the squad as some will be out of contact and a better choice of player will be available.

As for the family silver being sold off at the end of the day the likes of Langstaff are under contract so ultimately like Luke Williams if the club receives an offer and likewise Langstadd receives a life changing offer then who can begrudge anyone that. But for now Langstaff is a Notts player and we should enjoy him while we can.