I’ve only just calmed down (a bit) from Friday to post. Firstly, we only have ourselves to blame for that - 100%. With the amount of ball and possession we had, we didn’t create anywhere near enough. Build up was too slow, there was not nearly enough intensity, Middleton offered the square root of phuck all and frankly, I think we were out to secure the draw and stay four points clear. When you do that you lay yourself open to the sucker punch. And that’s exactly what happened.

Having said all that, Raith Rovers are really not a very good team. How the hell they’ve managed to still be within one point is incredible really. In all the games we’ve played, the only time they’ve really looked dangerous was that 15 min spell at the start of the second half at Tannadice. Otherwise they’ve looked plain ordinary. Galling as it is though, the prime reason they’re on our heels is the head to head. Even if they’d all been draws, we’d now be a comfortable seven points ahead with a hugely better GD. Indeed, the fact that despite two wins and a draw, Raith are still one point behind us and twenty odd goals worse off, demonstrates that we’ve clearly been better and more consistent against the rest of the division.

Defensively I thought we were more than sound enough. A scandalous offside call for the first (if you look at it the back four have actually kept their shape and line perfectly leaving the Funster a good half yard off) and the second is just a one in a million job. Infact, did Walton do anything else that’s pick the ball out of the net? I’m struggling to remember much else.

Offensively though it was phucking awful and is symptomatic of things from probably the 6-0 against Arbroath onward. Far too slow. Far too ponderous and constantly allowing Raith to get settled in to their defensive shape. This against a team who must have had frailties going in to the game given their recent record.

Schithousery - we really need to counter this nonsense. Whether it’s Morton or Friday night, we need to be dealing with this. Classic example was Hamilton on Walton with 10 minutes to go. Hamilton knew what he was doing and was a calculated effort to fire up their support. Having seen it, it was 100% a red card. What Walton should have been doing was going down like he’d been shot by a sniper while the rest of the side should have been immediately surrounding the ref. Instead? Walton just gets straight up, gets involved in hand bags and incredibly ends up with the same punishment as the perpetrator. Meanwhile, his team mates sit back and just watch it unfold rather than getting wired in and backing their keeper. We need to start to man the phuck up because, trust me, it’s going to get worse before this season is out.

Finally, Docherty. Once again out and once again a massive, massive miss. Has any one heard what the Jackanory is this time? We need a fit him back. Badly.