Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
Regarding the Academy I've been questioning things for quite a while. Inability to develop a really good striker for one.

I think the criticisms being made in the last 24 hours are about the type of players we're producing.
Just for example if you put Glass Mochrie Meekison MacLeod on the pitch together they'll try to play football the right way but they all have one thing in common, they're 'nice' accomplished footballers coached in a modern style that lacks bite and the physicality that will bully opponents.

From what I've seen though, would agree that Meekison should replace Watt for a period, he looks capable of unlocking the puzzle that's holding us back in the final 3rd.
Thats why you need a good destroyer on the pitch, no team wins games with a midfield full of good technical players. If Man city played a midfield of foden, Silva, Greelish they wouldnt win the league thats for sure, they need a rodri.

To me the biggest failing the clud has is they havnt provided senior players of the right type to get the best out of a Meekison,Glasss Mochrie Etc.