Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
Agree with that Nerf.

Looking at the odds for promotion, It's a slim possibility of us getting second place. We are currently an 8/1 shot for automatic.

We are 1/8 odds on to finish in the top 6.

We are currently 9/4 to be promoted.

I bet those prices were longer after 20 games but that's how the bookies see it.

Personally, I think a top 2 finish may be beyond our reach based on my observations this season.

Qualifying for the play offs look a certainty but as we saw last season, owt can happen in knockout football. We shall have to see.

Should we not be promoted in May then it's a big and difficult job for Collins next season to keep us challenging. You're right, much rides on the next 2 and a half months.
My view of the end of season is this.
We will go to Wembley (yet again) but win this time.
But but but - we should not be put in the risky position of having to go through the playoffs - when we have a squad of players that IMO should be well and truly out of sight at the top of the league by now.

We have proved this by winning most games against the top clubs - we have yet to play a team that has players as good as what we have at Barnsley.
But then we go out and fail miserably against teams with only half the talent.
Time and time again this season we have thrown away points when playing against poor opponents.
Even though we sit 4th in the league it’ is still uninspiring to see where we are.