Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
Stevie Wonder would see the difference. Could we beat Morecambe 5-0 now under SM? The players no longer believe in what they are doing. So there is no difference except we aren't scoring as many and we are letting more in? There has to be a reason, luck evens itself out.
Yes, very droll. The 5 - 0 obviously made a big impression on you.

The fact that in the last 14 games in all competitions of LW's tenure, going back to October, we lost 9, with plenty of defensive ****shows on display, and saw plenty of the infinite defensive passing triangle of doom leading to aimless hoof, while taking 12 points from 11 games in the league (relegation form) seems to have escaped your attention though.

What I'm saying is there's not much difference between last night and when I watched Sutton 5 Notts 1, or Notts 4 Forest Green 3, or Colchester 5 Notts 4. That's 3 games where we looked dangerous going forward but showed a complete inability to keep goals out against poor opposition. Same as last night.

I also sat through Notts 3 Grimsby 2 where we rode our luck massively and Grimsby 5 Notts 5 where we couldn't keep the ball out of our net for the last 2 mins of added time when the whole team was trying to so nothing more than keep the ball out of our net for 2 mins.

Before last night against the bottom four teams we had conceded 20 goals in 5 games. So do I think that the fact we conceded four last night in shambolic fashion is down to Stuart Maynard's tone of voice or his previous occupation? No I don't.