Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
I wrote my comments last night and this morning without having seen your post above, but we've seen exactly the same thing.

If Stuart Maynard can't get simple calls like that right, then there's no hope for him. He talks about consistency and getting "back to back wins" to build momentum, but then makes decisions that directly kill off any potential momentum he had from the Bradford game.
I think the whole ground saw that one, Jackal
Moving JJ to the right isn't the worst part of it. I always hate it when managers come in and have to 're-learn' all the old lessons the previous managers had to learn. While all us fans can do here is groan and say here we go again.

The evidence on Chicks at wing-back isn't in the 2022-23 goal total, as great as that was, it's in the film of every game in our run-in last year, and whenever he's appeared there this season. We all know Chicks is a solid defender, but we also know he doesn't have what it takes to attack L2 defences. It's horrible that we have to see SM learn that during the last throw of the dice to keep our season alive.