+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oxford's James Constable in possible blues move

Oxford's James Constable in possible blues move

Got told today the powerful striker could be Fratton bound in the summer, apparently not willing to sign a new contract with the U's

i think he could be the 20 goal a season player that we'll need

what is your opinion???

re: Oxford's James Constable in possible blues move

He's a good player strong in the air good strength just what you want in your league as its very physical in the lower leagues

See it's not hard to be nice Steve and I will never forget we had a decade in the lower leagues

Quote Originally Posted by rossendaleareaclaret
    He's a good player strong in the air good strength just what you want in your league as its very physical in the lower leagues

See it's not hard to be nice Steve and I will never forget we had a decade in the lower leagues
    Yeah i'll get this framed

Saw him play a few times at Kidderminster before he signed for Oxford. A proven goal scorer, but not one who is good enough to progress up the leagues (famous last words... could he be another Ricky Lambert?)

Quote Originally Posted by bluekite
    could he be another Ricky Lambert?)
    As he's 30 this year, that's not very likely but there must have been quite a few talented players over the years who never got the chance they deserved in the top flight. Many of them must have looked at Rickie Lambert when he scored that winning goal against Scotland and thought, get in there Rickie, and then, if only...

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    could he be another Ricky Lambert?)
    As he's 30 this year, that's not very likely but there must have been quite a few talented players over the years who never got the chance they deserved in the top flight. Many of them must have looked at Rickie Lambert when he scored that winning goal against Scotland and thought, get in there Rickie, and then, if only...[/quote]

When fattrick rick signed for you were you so arrogantly predictable?

I have seen him play and think he would be a good signing for us.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)