+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derbyshire, do we keep him

Derbyshire, do we keep him

Another goal for us today, but do you still want him at forest ?

I say yes

re: Derbyshire, do we keep him

Difficult one for me. I think Davies missed a trick by not giving Derbyshire a run of 6-8 games at the start of the season. He had a fine pre-season, was fully fit and scoring goals for fun. He had earned his chance but Davies kept him back and just played him in the capital one cup games.

I think it is important to consider that he has been at Forest 3 seasons and not done a great deal in the previous 2 seasons. I also believe he is on around AŁ13k a week so perhaps these wages could be better spent elsewhere.

A tough choice for psycho and his 5 goals in the last 5 games will have given him food for thought. But who knows if it is enough for him to be offered a new deal? Time will tell.

Yes, considering he's been used sparingly he's scored 10 goals. If he had been used regularly, he would have been our top scoring striker. Why he is a bit part player is a bit of a mystery.

It's a yes for me, if he'd have had as much game time as cox he'd have been the twenty a season striker we've lacked for years.
    Great finisher

Definitely. Attitude has been positive and he works hard.

He deserves a crack to form a partnership or to be a regular sub, coming on to prove himself and if he performs, a stab at regular starting.

Don't hold your breath.
    His Mrs has dropped enough hints on twitter that he's toast.

As I said, I expect 9 minimum gone soon. Most out of contract anyway.
    The youngsters got new deals, now the dead wood is chopped out.
    FFP and Pearce will have high lighted who he wants in. At least they're getting started early this time. Make room, chop out, repair... NEXT! Sounds like the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    Don't hold your breath.
    His Mrs has dropped enough hints on twitter that he's toast.

As I said, I expect 9 minimum gone soon. Most out of contract anyway.
    The youngsters got new deals, now the dead wood is chopped out.
    FFP and Pearce will have high lighted who he wants in. At least they're getting started early this time. Make room, chop out, repair... NEXT! Sounds like the NHS.
    I think the changes will come at the very last minute. Don't be surprised if we only get some just before the season starts and the rest on deadline day.

Being a WC year, Prem clubs will be doing business late I presume, with an eye on the star performers.
    Only when they've settled down with who they want and whom they'll release, then we in the lower leagues can do our business.

I expect changes but I won't be waiting with bated breath