+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your first ever BWFC game

Your first ever BWFC game

Probably been done before but it reminded me as I was in York yesterday

Mine was 18th Sept 1971 - we lost 1-0 to York City at home

re: Your first ever BWFC game

I think it was the 76/77 season and we beat Orient 2-0 at home. I'm not too sure though, as it's such a long time ago. I could ask my Dad, but he's in his 70's now, so he could be at least a decade wrong.

I think it was a match at Prenton Park in the late 90s.

Mine would be late 50's 58/9,can't remember who we played or the result.

My mate, who I go to the match with celebrated 50yrs since his first game at Burnden,this season, would've been the Leeds game.

Anyway he knew one of the players from back then, so he wrote the club a letter asking if the player would be there on that day because the player often attended home games and wondered if so could they arrange for a meet up.

They wrote back saying they didn't think he would be there that day, anyway they sent him two tickets for one of the lounges and a meal thrown in.

Unfortunately he became ill and was unable to go on that day, so when he felt a bit better he rang them up and explained he didn't manage the game because he was in hospital, they said no worries, when you feel upto it give us a ring and we'll arrange for another game, which turned out to be the Doncaster game, think they rang him in the end.

was about 1970 we beat Cardiff 2.0 and my memory of it is seeing my dad get in a fight with Cardiff fans after the game I was terrified my dad I believe has a lot to answer for

1972-73 season 3rd division vs halifax town at burnden, was a night match which made it all the more memorable plus we won 3-0 happy days

1963 aged 8 v Stoke City in the year we got relegated to the old 2nd division. Dad dragged me off for the early getaway bus on Manny Road after we'd scored a late equaliser to make it 3-3. Remember the groans on the bus as someone with a radio told us Stoke had just scored to make it 4-3.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)