+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I.Q, Tests

I.Q, Tests

Noticed in the paper the other day,that MK Dons had sacked 30 of their stewards because they failed a 6 years old english/maths test.
    Do you think our`s need testing,or even the player`s? lol

re: I.Q, Tests

I think a few on here should be!

I'm waiting for a regular contributor to write that when he started watching the Alex, and you could get in, buy a programme and a bag of chips afterwards, with change out of a shilling, there was none of this education malarkey, and that next we'll be requiring Gresty to be a member of Mensa.

They don't need no s****kin' I.Q. test 'cos they have a big bro yellow jacket with 'STEWARD' writ on it so sit in your numbered seat and do as you are told... or else!

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    I'm waiting for a regular contributor to write that when he started watching the Alex, and you could get in, buy a programme and a bag of chips afterwards, with change out of a shilling, there was none of this education malarkey, and that next we'll be requiring Gresty to be a member of Mensa.
    Can't answer the first bit coz my Dad was paying in the late 50s - so it won't have been much. :-)
    Some would say that I have managed to get through the intervening years without much education. X-D
    IQ bears little semblance to commonsense, and I'd rather our stewards concentrated on the latter. Just my opinion, but by and large they seem to do a fair job - at a club that is pretty much known for its well-behaved, intelligent and football-loving fans.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Yes that was just about what I managed when I was younger - well almost.

It came as a bit of a surprise when I went to Burnley and the gateman said thats 10 pounds sir.
    10 pounds I said, I can get a woman for that.
    Not with 45 minutes each way and a brass band and a meat and potato pie at half time you cant he said.