+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match v Wolves

Match v Wolves

Just got in - any news yet?

re: Match v Wolves

Just seen that there is nobody else online and therefor I am talking to myself. Is everybody at the ground?

Was a decent performance considering the team out there.

Just read Graha, McGarry's Tweet though - Pogba not playing as he requested a transfer.

Now we are in trouble.

Thought the 1st half was pretty poor if I'm honest. Lancaster did nothing to impress, and we created very few chances, Ray hitting the bar with a looping header the only one I can really remember. Defence did ok, although I still don't think we should be playing Tootle at left back unless in an emergency.

2nd half was a little better. Oliver and Molyneux came on and created more down the left, with Molyneux narrowly missing from a tight angle and Turton having a shot pushed onto the wood work.

Tactically I thought we were very one dimensional. Tried playing it out from the back, but wolves pressed quickly (especially for a pre season game) and we were caught out far too often. Keeper to centre halves, centre halves to midfielders under pressure, out for an opposition throw seemed to happen far too often.

Play like that next season and we'll be in serious trouble.

I thought we were very good, for 90 minutes we held by far the best team from League One last season, and even created a few of our own chances. Wolves pressured us for sure, but we also pressured them well. Olly Turton and Liam Nolan were excellent, Thierry Audel did well at right back, with good defensive help from Billy Water. Toots and Molyneux looked very dangerous coming forward in the second half. George Rae and Duggy were very solid. Excellent football from both sides. I think the Goalie was at fault for the last minute goal coming out too far, but I was at the wrong end of the ground to judge. I have to say I wasn't looking forward to this game, but now I'm filled with cautious optimism...who needs Pogba!

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan
    I thought we were very good, for 90 minutes we held by far the best team from League One last season, and even created a few of our own chances. Wolves pressured us for sure, but we also pressured them well. Olly Turton and Liam Nolan were excellent, Thierry Audel did well at right back, with good defensive help from Billy Water. Toots and Molyneux looked very dangerous coming forward in the second half. George Rae and Duggy were very solid. Excellent football from both sides. I think the Goalie was at fault for the last minute goal coming out too far, but I was at the wrong end of the ground to judge. I have to say I wasn't looking forward to this game, but now I'm filled with cautious optimism...who needs Pogba!
    I did not attend, R & White. According to the paper report it was a mix up between the keeper and Audel that led to the Wolves goal. I don't think we can read too much into a friendly encounter at this stage w