+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackpool...

Blackpool...

Im stopping there for a couple of nights a week on Monday to see the illuminations and generally have a good time...

Have any of you been there lately and recommend a decent B+B,ive been on Book.com but i thought that i would ask here first...

re: Blackpool...

I can't recommend any hotels Chalky ,but wherever you stay I suggest you catch the tram to Bispham where the lights finish and walk it back through them to the south pier.. A lovely walk and will take a couple of hours.

If you want a quiet couple of days I suggest you stay at the north end , gynn square area ..if you want all the noise then stay up the central or south pier area ,or you could doss it under the pier, I've done that before today on a couple of occasions ,even slept in a lifeboat one night .

Here you go Chalky hope this helps you - view external link

One room or two chalky?

I dont know,yesterday it was one but it could well we two by tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by chalky-ncfc
    I dont know,yesterday it was one but it could well we two by tomorrow...
    Ooh good luck Chalky.. - view external link

Yes,thankyou for that alf,i think that i will make my own hotel arrangements...

When we were last there we stayed in the big blue hotel and the kids loved it because our room had a view of the "big one" roller coaster on the pleasure beach (it went passed our window only a few feet away).

Blackpool is tacky but wonderful. It's costs a feckin' fortune tho!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    I can't recommend any hotels Chalky ,but wherever you stay I suggest you catch the tram to Bispham where the lights finish and walk it back through them to the south pier.. A lovely walk and will take a couple of hours.

If you want a quiet couple of days I suggest you stay at the north end , gynn square area ..if you want all the noise then stay up the central or south pier area ,or you could doss it under the pier, I've done that before today on a couple of occasions ,even slept in a lifeboat one night .
    We've done that walk a few times, make sure you have comfy shoes on though.
    Agree Gynn Sq is a nicer part of the town & decent B&B's, I've a friend from school days that lives up there & her ex hubby has a B&B on the Square I can't remember the of it offhand though.
    Have a look on Booking.Com you can specify which part of the town i.e. Blackpool North Pier & click on price, star ratings or recommendations which

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)