+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Curle has put up the White flag

Curle has put up the White flag

CURLE has got to go.. He cannot blame the players. The fact is he has no man management skills and he cannot coach... For me he has lost the dressing room with the negative comments he puts out regarding his players. Curle obviously did some homework on the players at Carlise prior to taking the JOB (didn't he)?. Curle should be relieved of his duties IMMEDIATELY.
    What has happened to Symington and Brough Players who can give width and cross balls into the box for players to get on the end of... Symington when on the wing can do it all day.. But we choose to not play him and put him up for loan.. Mark Beck as striker could not hit the Mersey Tunnel (his level is across the Border, bring back Paddy Madden, get shot of Potts and Dimpsey take the silly money it won't get any better as they are playing in a environment that the manager has lost..

re: Curle has put up the White flag

Didn't eveb take all 4 matches in 15 days for the chant to begin again - OUT! With a different in front this time, naturally

First off, I wouldn't have given Curle the job in the first place - he doesn't have a good record of saving teams in relegation trouble.

However that said, I don't think I would sack him just yet.

I do agree about Brough and also I've been a bit mystified by his selections in central defence for the past two games (as a former central defender himself). If you played CMW and Anderson together consistently you have a promising partnership that will get better over time, rather than playing the crippled TAH and other makeshift options. We need to cut our losses with TAH to be honest, he's not fit enough to be a professional player.

That said, you have to remember the total shambles the team had become thanks to Abbott and Kavanagh's reign of utter ineptitude. Any manager in the world would have struggled trying to make that sack of sh1t smell sweet.

And in fairness to Curle, coming in to manage a squad after such a horrendous pre-season and start to the season, with the quality and a

He knew full well what he was taking on when taking the job.Who to blame now,is there still a bit of mileage in the tired old kav abbot excuse.

Players want success,all this crap about location is a load of tosh,why go to Carlisle just to go through the motions,because that is all it is.

Grecian 2000 or 2014 even,50 shades of grey perhaps,will they remain strong for the rest of the season or fold like a pack of cards,we will soon find out what they are made of,fight or flight anyone,good enough for them and the best of luck gungerdin,yeehaa.

No, I actually agree with him about location. If players commit to the club they should live in the area.

In the real world that is right,but for one reason or another seldom happens,i guess that goes for any club with regards players living within striking distance.

Saying that who would want to come here and commit themselves for the course that are good enough,now that is something for Curle to get his teeth in and for his sake lets hope he gets it right.

Players like to be in an area with lots of clubs within an easy 50 mile journey. I.e. a 23 year old married bloke planning a family life would maybe like to be in central Lancashire, where there will always be a choice of clubs within easy travelling distance, both above and below his current level.

So, the fact that Cumbria has places that rate very highly on the 'quality of life' scale counts for very little. But of course this aspect should be solidly marked to prospective players. However you interpret the phrase we have directors that consistently fail to 'sell the club'.

The last time that we were in this situation Courtenay and Simpson magically got at least 7 players to leave, albeit we then had the dustbin of Gretna to use.

Get some advice from Courtenay and Simpson.

you can't polish a turd, And sadly Curle as a ****load of them with no chance of getting rid...

A player getting relocation money and buying his family a weekend caravan at Silloth with it is also taking the p!ss.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)