+ Visit Millwall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dockers day

Dockers day

v Norwich at home.

The youth team of the 1978 f.a. cup youth cup winners will also be there at the Millwall bus prior the game.Most of the players went onto make the first team.

Dean horrix was one however met a tragic death at a young age,R.I.P.
    I recall that event a great win over 2 legs.

And of course there will also be ex dockers there who were a main support of the club in there time,when the docks were thriving.

re: Dockers day

I will try to get to the this game, always liked dockers day at the den, I remember the youth team winning the f.a cup that year I think we beat aston villa ? we had some very good young players like kevin o' callaghan who returned to the club later in his career and was part of the team that were promoted to the top flight.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsroar
    I will try to get to the this game, always liked dockers day at the den, I remember the youth team winning the f.a cup that year I think we beat aston villa ? we had some very good young players like kevin o' callaghan who returned to the club later in his career and was part of the team that were promoted to the top flight.

that's right lr we beat them in the semi final and wasn't that the season the 1st team went down if my memory serves me right.

I recall the 1st team playing themidweekafter the youth cup win,I think we played Blackburn.

I don't really remember mate as I was only seven years old at the time. I do remember being at the game with my dad and grandad when we won the cup though, great memories.

Dean horrix was also a player who returned to the club later in his career and was also part of john dochertys promotion winning team, who were the other players in the youth team, kinsella ? Chris dibble also rings a bell.

I thought Dockers Day was v Dundee?

Dockers day is one league game a season where the old dockers are looked after by the club and a team from the past turn up to meet the fans, lots of fans also turn up in flat caps to mark the occasion.

Always good to get back to our working class roots

Sounds like a good day out

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)