+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bureaucracy gone mad

Bureaucracy gone mad

AFC Rushden and Diamonds are told they are breaking league rules by retiring the number 1 shirt of dead Goalkeeper. - view external link

re: Bureaucracy gone mad

I worked for Rushden & Diamonds once, they were oned by the Grigg family who were the UK manufacturer of Doc Martens. The project I was involved in was restructuring the club as the Griggs decided to move the manaufacturing of DMs to China. I'll tell you aboutiot over a beer, but they had some unbelievable bonus schemes in players contracts and had signed some kid of a DVD who was proper garbage and was sat at home earning £2k a week (when they were in L2).

I remember Rushden and Diamonds being touted as the blueprint for how clubs should be run back in the Doc Martens days. Of course it all went horribly wrong ending up with the club being expelled from the conference in 2011

The Grigg family sponsored a whole host of sports didn't they?
    I could be wrong but didn't they sponsor snooker player Murphy to some degree?

I'd say the brief time I was working with them was around 2000 or 2001 ish