+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYS and last night observations

NYS and last night observations

Acknowledging that we have a superb stadium to be proud of, there are one or two issues that really bug me. Why have we started to hear tannoy announcements for the Yellow or Green team leaders to report to HQ mid way through a game?! Surely these officials have other forms of communication that can be used and not impact our concentration? And why oh why is it necessary to hold a stadium emergency exercise during a game? The alarm coincided with Conor Newton having Cambridge's best chance and Roos could have been forgiven for losing his concentration and missing the ball - fortunately he made a superb save. Not only are these things annoying, they are unnecessary during game time - I've never heard anything similar at other grounds.

Secondly, can we please make better use of the Video Screen. Currently it is almost solely dedicated to advertising. Could we have team news well in advance of kick off - particularly at the moment when we are trying to get used to new faces. When ther

re: NYS and last night observations

I believe the Yellow and Green team leader announcements are code for incidents, and to make all staff in the stadium aware via a single communication.

Equivalent to good old Mr Meadows at Millmoor.

it was same last season ( seriously pees me off )
    If they are to have a fire drill then let's us know before the game and at HT not when we are 1-0 up and near the end of a frigging game :/

The annoying thing with the TV sometimes ( West stand) is when the adverts change its like the lights are being switched on and off :/

Only time I look at it is when they show the goals/saves, before KO and at HT hoping they might put all HT scores on instead of them being read out.

Not really Colin from what I've seen

Last nights drills was part of the process to obtain a safety certificate for the stadium,to hold games.So no drills,no games.UTM:

I'd like to see the small print on that safety certificate requirement and I would hazard a guess that the drill could have been carried out at half time. Imagine what Jose Marino would have done if the same thing would have happened at Stamford Bridge!!

LiverDamage is correct, there were people in the crowd last night to specifically test the sound/speakers/alarms in respect of clarity with monitors..........don't know anywhere else where they do it during a game though. And suspect there is an irony in doing it at a game with only 40% capacity.

Do it before the start then when the fans are loud :/

I'd be more worried about getting out of west stand in one piece or at all if there was an emergency

Nothing to do with crowd noise/response etc,more about testing systems and procedures,need to have stewards in attendance for this and that is at a game.UTM

Secondly, can we please make better use of the Video Screen. Currently it is almost solely dedicated to advertising

Its the advertising thats paying for the screen,otherwise some good points.UTM.

Understand that advertising pays for the screen, but if that's all we're going to see what's the point? Just think a bit more adventurous thinking might make the whole experience more enjoyable as well as reaping advertising revenue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast